- RESERVE 24 candies for later use. Place remaining candies in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag; freeze 1 hour.
- MEANWHILE, grate enough peel, then squeeze juice from 2 limes to measure 2 Tbsp. EACH zest and juice. Cut remaining lime into 6 slices, then cut each slice into quarters.
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- CRUSH frozen candies. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in 3/4 cup crushed candies, and 1 Tbsp. EACH lime zest and juice. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin pan caps. Return remaining crushed candies to freezer.
- BAKE cupcakes 18 to 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans 10 min. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- BEAT butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, mixing well. Blend in milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until frosting is of desired spreading consistency. Beat in vanilla, then remaining lime zest and juice until blended.
- SPREAD frosting onto cupcakes; sprinkle with remaining frozen crushed candies. Top with whole candies and lime slices.
- Recipe Tip: How to Crush the Frozen Candies Use a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy skillet to crush the frozen candies while still in the bag. If crushed candies stick together, lightly tap bag on counter-top to separate the candy pieces before using as directed.
Sour Patch Kids H/B 5oz
- Sour Patch Kids are a fun, soft, and chewy gummy candy for children and adults
- Enjoy the raspberry and lime flavors wrapped up in a sour then sweet gummy candy
- Your daily dose of mouth watering fun in green and red gummies perfect for holiday entertaining or decorating
- This includes a 14 ounce bag of Christmas Sour Patch Kids Soft & Chewy Candy